Action Button in iPhone 15 Pro: The iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max were announced by Apple during the Wonderlust event on September 12. While Apple adopted the USB-C port that customers have long demanded, there was another significant hardware improvement that everyone noticed.
On the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max versions, it is the Action Button. On the iPhone 15 Pro models, the new Action Button takes the place of the mute slider and serves as a programmable hotkey for opening specific apps, quickly recording voice memos, and even shortcuts.
So, in case you’re interested, let me explain what the Action Button in iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max can do for you.
What is the Action Button in iPhone 15 Pro ?
In the exact same location as the mute switch on non-Pro versions and earlier iPhones, the Action Button is a tiny clickable button on iPhone 15 Pro models that is located above the volume buttons.
It serves as a mute/ringer switch by default, but it may be configured to carry out a variety of tasks (which are detailed below).
By pressing and holding the activity Button while executing any activity, you will receive precise haptic feedback that greatly improves the user experience.
How to Use the Action Button in iPhone 15 Pro ?
The advantage of the Action Button is that you may program the button to execute some predefined functions or launch a custom shortcut. Still many people may feel that the mute slider on the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus is the preferable option.
The following are all the operations the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max’s Action Button is capable of performing:
- Switch between ringing and silent mode: On your smartphones, you can rapidly switch between ringing and silent mode by pressing the Action Button, which works similarly to the mute slider.
- Open a Specific Camera Mode: By just pressing and holding the Action Button, you may quickly take pictures and movies in the camera mode of your choice.
- Say no to Voice Memos app: Instead of constantly searching for the voice memo app, use the Action Button to record voice memos while you’re on the go.
- Using the Action Button, you can toggle between focus modes without even having to unlock your iPhone, which is a rather simple process.
- Torch on/off: Remember turning torch on/off in old keypad mobiles using a single button, the Action Button can also perform this.
How to Customize the Action Button ?
Here are all the tasks that may be assigned to the Action Button so that it can be customized according to your requirements:
- On your iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max, open the Settings app.
- Find the Action Button option after scrolling down and then tap on it.
- When you do this, the Action Button settings page, which is unlike any other settings page on the iPhone in appearance, will open.
- Swipe left or right to reveal the name and icon of the activities, which will make it easier for you to decide the action you want the Action Button to carry out.
- Clicking on “Done” or “Okay” buttons are not required to validate your choice. To begin using the new functionality, simply swipe to the desired function and then return back.
Some of the fundamental adjustments you can carry out with the brand-new action button on the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max include turning on/off the flashlight, switching between ringing and silent mode, accessing the voice memo app, and switching between Focus modes.
Other Functions of Action Button
The following is a detailed explanation of some further advanced actions you can carry out using the Action button:
- You can open a certain camera mode using action button
- You can activate an accessibility feature using action button
- Use a shortcut or open apps
What iPhone models have the Action Button?
The new button is exclusive to the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. The loud and silent modes are switched via a physical alert slider on older models.
Moreover, It goes without saying that iPhone 15 Pro cases and covers won’t fit on earlier iPhone models.
Can I link the Action Button to an external app?
Yes, you can by using the Action Button menu’s Shortcut option. To begin, you must first create a Shortcut in the desired program. Then decide which sequence will start when the Action Button is pressed.
There are countless options for what the new button can perform because of how flexible Shortcuts can be.