Jada Pinkett Smith Biography: Jada Koren Pinkett Smith is an American actress, singer, and dancer. The multifaceted personality is a successful entrepreneur as well. Smith’s acting career was essentially began in the American comedy series “A Different World,” where she played the role of Lena James in a supporting role. She has acted in a number of well-known movies over her career, including “Menace II Society,” “The Matrix Revolution,” and “Magic Mike XXL.”
Recently, she appeared in films like “Bad Moms,” which was directed by Scott Moore and Jon Lucas. The movie was a financial hit. She contributed to the creation of the American comedy series “All of Us,” which aired on the UPN Network. As a singer, she founded the metal band Wicked Wisdom. Pinkett Smith took over as the group’s lead vocalist four years after the group’s formation, and they released a self-titled album.
She launched Maja, her own clothing business that offers dresses and T-shirts for female consumers. In addition, Smith is a shareholder in the Philadelphia 76ers, an NBA basketball team. Together with her husband, she established the “Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation” to aid those in need. She is also connected to organizations like the American Lupus Foundation and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Jada Pinkett Smith Biography
|Name||Jada Pinkett Smith|
|Also Knows As||Jada Koren Pinkett-Smith|
|Age||52 years (As of 2023)|
|Spouse/Ex-||Will Smith (M. 1997)|
|Father||Robsol Pinkett Jr.|
|Mother||Adrienne Banfield – Jones|
|Children||Jaden Smith, Willow Smith|
|Born in||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
Jada Pinkett Smith Childhood, Early Life
- On September 18, 1971, in Baltimore, Maryland, in the United States, Jada Koren Pinkett was born. Her mother’s preferred soap opera actress, Jada Rowland, inspired the choice of her name. Her mother Adrienne Banfield-Jones was the head nurse of a Baltimore inner city clinic, and her father Robsoll Pinkett Jr. was the owner of a construction company. Additionally, she has a brother named Caleeb Pinkett, who grew up to be a writer and actress.
- When Jada was a little child, her parents got divorced, therefore her mother and her grandmother Marion Martin Banfielda reared her. She had become aware of her granddaughter’s enthusiasm for the performing arts. She consequently started taking piano, tap, and ballet lessons.
- Jada attended the Baltimore School for the Arts and the North Carolina School of the Arts to further her education. Later, she relocated to Los Angeles and stayed with a longtime family friend named LaVern Whitt. Jada’s acting career was aided by the contacts she exposed her to in the entertainment industry.
Pinkett Smith Personal Life
- Will Smith, a well-known actor and rapper, is the spouse of Jada Pinkett Smith. They first met in 1994, and three years later they were wed. Jaden and Willow are their two kids. Will’s kid from a previous marriage, Trey Smith, also has Jada as his stepmother. But they seperated secretely in 2016.
- The generosity of Pinkett Smith is very well known. She and her husband founded the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, a nonprofit that aids children and families. Many non-profit groups have received grants from them.
- The American Screenwriters Association presented the David Angell Humanitarian Award to their organization in 2006. Additionally, she gave $1,000,000 to the Baltimore School of the Arts.
Jada Pinkett Smith Movies
|1. Collateral (2004)|
|2. Jason’s Lyric (1994)|
|3. Menace II Society (1993)|
|4. The Secret Life of Bees (2008)|
|5. Reign Over Me (2007)|
|6. The Matrix Reloaded (2003)|
|7. Girls Trip (2017)|
|8. Set It Off (1996)|
|9. Ali (2001)|
|10. Tales from the Crypt : Demon Knight (1995)|
Jada Pinkett Smith Biography – Major Works
- One of Jada Pinkett Smith’s notable films, “Menace II Society,” was also her first feature. The life of a young man named Kaydee and his misadventures were tracked in the movie, which was directed by Albert and Allen Hughes. Tyrin Turner, Larenz Tate, Samuel L. Jackson, and MC Eiht were among the other actors who starred in the movie. The film earned positive reviews and was a commercial success.
- Another one of Pinkett Smith’s significant works is the 1996 science fiction movie “The Nutty Professor.” Tom Shadyac directed the movie, which can be seen as a parody of the well-known RL Stevenson book “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”. The movie earned $274 million worldwide and was a critical and commercial success. The best makeup award was also given to it.
- One of Pinkett Smith’s most recent films, “Bad Moms,” can also be regarded as one of her most significant works. Scott Moore wrote and directed the movie, which is based on the life of Amy Mitchell, a married mother of two. Alongside Jada Pinkett Smith, the cast also starred Mila Kunis, Kathryn Hahn, and Kristen Bell. The film received varying ratings and was a financial success.
Jada Pinkett Smith Awards & Achievements
Throughout her career, Jada Pinkett Smith has been nominated for and won various prestigious accolades.
She won the “Blockbuster Entertainment Award” for “Best Supporting Actress- Horror” in 1998 for her work in “Scream 2,” the “Teen Choice Award” for “Choice Movie Actress- Action” in 2003 for her work in the science fiction movie “The Matrix Reloaded,” and the “Image Award” for “Outstanding Actress” in 2011 for her performance in the medical drama series “Hawthorne.”
Jada Pinkett Smith Net Worth
With her decades-long presence in Hollywood, Jada Pinkett Smith has successfully worn several hats, including that of actress, producer, director, singer, author, and businesswoman. This talented individual has a net worth of $50 million as of 2023.
Reputable financial website CAKnowledge attests to Jada Pinkett Smith’s $50 million projected net worth for 2023. The accuracy of this statistic is further supported by numerous additional sources, which provides followers with a thorough understanding of her financial situation.
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Latest News
In a recent interview, Jada Pinkett Smith disclosed that she and her spouse Will Smith had been separated since 2016.
She admitted to NBC that even though the actors had been living entirely different lives for seven years, they weren’t ready to officially reveal the news at first. She claimed that they had “exhausted with trying” by the time they parted.
The couple does not intend to get a divorce and continues to live apart. Pinkett Smith, 52, revealed to NBC that she has not been able to violate a vow she made to herself that she and Smith, 55, would never get divorced.